Monday, August 4, 2008

I hope you guys will always love me no matter what...it's hard to admit this, but I've been having trouble with some things in the church. It's not like I'm going to just leave it altogether, but there are things about it that I can't ignore anymore. I've spent years pushing issues back in my brain as far as I could, and to pretend that they weren't there. But they never went away.

Recently, certain things have happened that have made these issues impossible to ignore any longer. I can't just act like it doesn't bother me or hurt me. I need to figure out what I really believe. For this reason, I can't fully invest myself in the LDS church until I come to understand myself. It would feel wrong to do otherwise.

My main problems with the church may seem shallow, but they are very serious to me.

No comments: